Fairchild Continues its “History of Innovation” to Enable a Cleaner, Smarter World
March 10, 2016
SAN JOSE, Calif. – wire4tech – Fairchild (NASDAQ: FCS), a leading global supplier of high-performance power semiconductor solutions, will showcase its latest solutions for ensuring the exceptional energy efficiency and reliability of LED lighting, travel adapter and USB Type-C applications at APEC 2016, the industry’s leading power electronics conference. The company will have multiple live demonstrations in its booth and key staff will deliver technical presentations, all under Fairchild’s “History of Innovation” theme for the show.
Where: Long Beach Convention Center in Long Beach, California in booth #1717
When: March 20-24
Meet Fairchild Experts: Attendees can schedule at-the-booth meetings to learn more about Fairchild’s solutions and discuss their product design requirements at https://www.fairchildsemi.com/campaigns/apec-2016/
- Offline Power – Fairchild’s offline power demonstrations will include a building automation application based on the FSL3276A, a server power supply using the FAN7688, and a smart meter using its FSL4110.
- PowerTrench® 100V MOSFETs – Fairchild will show the performance of its next-generation PowerTrench technology in live side-by-side comparisons with the best competitive solutions.
- Smart Lighting – Fairchild will show its joint 60W LED engine reference design with partner Atmel and phase-cut LED dimming solutions.
- High-Voltage FS4 IGBT and SiC diode – This interactive double pulse demonstration will show the superior performance of this new technology compared to Fairchild’s current leading solutions and nearest competitor.
- Wall-to-Battery solutions – Fairchild will show that it is maintaining its industry-leading travel adapter market position with its new 24W USB Type-C adapter reference design. Several charging stations will show various leading protocols powered by Fairchild, including Fast Charging with QC 2.0/3.0, PumpExpress, FCP and AFC.
- Powerful Design Tools – Visitors can see how Fairchild’s Power Supply WebDesigner™ complete suite of robust, time-saving tools shorten design time and optimize their power supplies.
Technical papers, tutorials and presentations:
- “1200V SPM® smart power module for Low Power Industrial Motor Drive Applications,” on Tuesday, March 22 at 3:45 p.m. in Room 101A
- “An Input Current Calculation Switching Driver for High Power-Factor and Phase-Cut Dimmer Compatibility,” on Thursday, March 24 at 11:30 a.m. in the Poster Area, AC/DC Converters D01
Fairchild experts will be at the booth all week to answer questions regarding the company’s solutions for energy efficient power supplies, LED lighting and charging solutions, as well as packaging innovation and high-voltage inverter solutions for renewable energy systems.
More information on Fairchild’s presence at APEC 2016 can be found at https://www.fairchildsemi.com/campaigns/apec-2016/.
Fairchild has a rich history as a pioneer in the semiconductor industry and that pioneering spirit endures today in our vision for making the world a cleaner and smarter place. We specialize in the development and manufacturing of a complete portfolio of low- to high-power solutions and deliver an amazing design experience to the engineers and system architects who build systems for the mobile, industrial, cloud, automotive, lighting, and computing industries. Our foundation is our guiding principles, which recognizes the inseparability of engaged employees and delighted customers, and encourages our employees to simplify, challenge, explore, play, excel, respect, go fast, and be direct. If you use a smart phone, drive a car, own a modern appliance, live and work in comfortable connected buildings, or enjoy film animation, you have experienced Fairchild’s Power to Amaze. Please visit us on the web at www.fairchild.com.
Connect with us on LinkedIn
Follow us on Twitter @FairchildSemi
Join the conversation! Check out the latest blogs from Fairchild at http://blog.fairchildsemi.com
Visit us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/FairchildSemiconductor
# # #
Mobility Public Relations
+1 (650) 245-2782